24th May 2008

Love Pistols 1

Rating: ♦♦♦♦♦

I never got into this series when they were doing the scanlations of it. I don’t know why. I tried the first few releases and it just never grabbed me. I did have some friends who were completely enamored with it so when it got a North American release I decided to give it another try.

This series is utter and total crack. Do not try to understand it. Do not try to figure out why it’s so addicting. Just go along for the ride and thank your lucky stars that they brought this one over for all of us to enjoy.

For those of you who are not already familiar with the series, the basic premise is that there are Ape-Men, which make up 70% of the population. The other 30% are what is known as Zooman. Zooman have souls of animals. Ape-Men can not see the animal souls of Zooman, but Zooman can see the souls of other Zooman.

Still with me?

Norio is what is known as a ‘missing-link’. He’s a rare genetic mix. Usually, when two Ape-Men breed, they can only make another Ape-Man, but every once in a great while they will breed a Zooman. The resulting child is rare and is in high demand as a mate from just about every Zooman the poor thing has the misfortune of running into.

Madarame is one of the Catamount Zooman’s. His soul is a giant lepoard. He’s set his sights on having Norio breed his children. No matter what Norio might have to say about it.

Add in a side story about Madarame’s half-brother who’s got a hard time regulating his body temperature, hates men, but keeps fixating on one of his classmates and you’ve got something that is truly addictive.

How long do I have to wait for the next volume? I don’t wait very well. I want another volume and I want it now. Rush out and buy this one. I can’t explain why it’s so damn good, but it really and truly is.

Comments are closed.